The MISD Research, Assessment, & Accountability Department informs instruction and supports student learning by providing leadership in data analysis, interpretation, and reporting of student performance results.
The department's primary role includes the following functions:
- Provide schools, district administrators, and the community with analysis and interpretation of the results from the various assessments administered district wide. Furthermore, statistics provided by this department are used to strengthen decision-making for the Superintendent, the School Board, district and school-based administrators, and teachers.
- Ensure the integrity of all data collection activities, and identify methods and strategies that assist and support student learning.
- Supervise the distribution, administration, collection, and security of all state and district mandated assessments. To this end, the department coordinates the training of test coordinators and administrators, prepares assessment materials, and facilitates the transfer of assessment information between Mansfield ISD and the Texas Education Agency.
- Provide ongoing support and clarification of state and national accountability standards and requirements.
- Provide consistent, reliable, complete, and accurate indicators of education status and trends within the district.
- Evaluate instructional programs to determine their impact on student learning.
Who Uses Educational Data and Statistics?
Campus and district educational data and statistics are used for a number of purposes:
- District administrators use data to measure program effectiveness, to apportion federal funds among the campuses, and to create campus and district improvement and action plans.
- Teachers use data to assess and plan for the instructional needs of their students.
- The news media frequently use district and campus level data to inform the public about district and campus level performance status.
- Business organizations, such as realty companies and retailers, use data to promote the community and encourage growth and prosperity.
- The general public uses education statistics to become more informed and to make intelligent decisions concerning educational issues.